My 27th birthday was on April 11.
The greatness of it really started the day before because I got to go to Book Club and spend some time with the girls. Meanwhile at home Robby and the boys were whipping up an amazing chocolate cake and making cute birthday cards!
My first prego shot... 24 weeks on my 27th b-day.
During the day I made chocolate frosting from scratch (a first for me) to put on my cake! And SPRINKLES! yum!
That night I requested that we eat out for dinner. We enjoyed a delicious meal at Applebees. The boys were even really well behaved.
After stuffing ourselves, we came home for the cake! (Notice how part is already eaten... yes, once it was frosted I had to test it out and then share with the boys).
All 27 candles! (it took 4 matches to light them all)
My wonderful husband and kids sang to me...
Then, BLOW!
Timothy helped me get the one I missed.
After cake was presents! Thank You (Robby, boys, mom & dad, and mom & dad Evans)!
Happy Birthday to me!
Thanks Robby and Timothy and Spencer for making my day so Special!
The fun continued that weekend by making a trip up to Idaho to visit family. Robby's mom was there to help with Kathy's new baby and so we were lucky enough to get to spend time with them. And the Griffin girls and mom made me a cake, too! Yummy Spice cake with browned butter frosting. Thanks!
My one request for my birthday was a DATE! Since our weekend was spent visiting family, Robby took me out the next weekend. (I got to celebrate for a whole week and more!) We went on a long overdue trip to the Temple and enjoyed lunch at a favorite Italian restaurant. Then Robby bought be a cute Sun Hat to protect me from sunburn while I garden this summer! (picture to come later)
It was an awesome birthday and I am so blessed to have such wonderful family!
So glad that you had a great birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great birthday! I think I am going to ask for a date for my next birthday. Great idea!
ReplyDelete